Saturday, March 18, 2017

RMH Travel Comparing Disneyland to Walt Disney World....Disney Hollywood Stuido

Hi Blogging World for those that follow my Facebook or visit my website often know that I am a Disneyland fanatic with a great Disneyland Crowd Calendar on her web site and we go to Disneyland a lot (for over 35 years for me). I have gone to Walt Disney World a few times, but it been a while until just recently. We just got back form 9 day trip to Walt Disney World and can't wait to give a great review of the rides/attractions and shows we did.

Let me start of by saying I hate HATE writing, and I do not think I do it well. But I do love Disney and I love helping families plan magical vacations to Disney, and well also to cruise and All Inclusive. But my first passions the reason I became a travel planner  and learned more about other destinations and experienced them was because of my love for helping others plan their trips to Disney.

I am doing a series on this blog, comparing all the parks to each other. I will come back and up date this blog as I write for the other parks.

Magic Kingdom Review
Epcot
Disney Animal Kingdom


For this blog I am going to list the attractions then comment on my thoughts, my son's (9 year old thrill seeker who hates big drops only), and my mother who is 59 years old with a medical condition of a bad heart, so was in an electric wheel chair. These are our thoughts, and may be different from yours. A saying I love to say and I hope you get the meaning. "One person yuck is another person's yum so don't yuck their yum." I usually say this in regards to food options, I mean unless the restaurant has all HORRIBLE reviews, I tend to find that not everyone has the same taste, but this can apply to everything in life including rides, attractions and shows. So unless there are a ton of bad reviews, take a review with a grain of salt...and this includes mine. I tried to be impartial but that is impossible for anyone to truly be.

I can't wait until the two new lands open up at Disney Hollywood Studio's as of right now, I find this park to be really a 1/2 of day park. Though I guess we did spend a full day though we divided it into two days, but it was because we repeated a few rides on both dates.

Hollywood Boulevard

The Great Movie Ride-this is a long ride of 22 minutes but it shows lots and lots of movies. I really liked it. I liked outside the ride they had famous stars foot prints and most of the stars that agreed to be put on their walk a fame included their children and I thought it was really cute.

 The rest of this land is shops and few food places. We walked thru a few of the shops but that was about it.

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Fireworks-We did the dessert party for this one, and the view you got with the dessert party was amazing, but the dessert party itself left a very bad taste in my mouth. My mom is in an EVC because last year she almost died as her lungs filled with blood clots. She still has a hard time walking great distance or standing. We get to the party and all the EVC tables are taken so they shove us off to the side and say a manager will come to help us. No manager showed up or anyone to help. I ended up making a make shift table on the floor next to my mom for my son and I and my mom ate on her EVC. Then when a family left the table they shouldn't have been at because they weren't EVC, I quickly grabbed it and we finished the dessert party. But NEVER did a CM come to help us like the host cast member promised they would. And when we complained they gave us a half hearted oh we are sorry that shouldn't have happened. Which annoyed me because I know Disney can be better. Anyways, the firework show, seemed more like a laser show to me with some fireworks. It was ok, my son loved it and wants to do this party again. We will see if we will. I will post some desert pictures. I didn't take photos during the fireworks cause I wanted to be in the moment with my son. 




Echo Lake

For the First time In Forever: A "Frozen" Sing-Along Celebration-Long name, its mostly live singing the song of Frozen and some cute surprises...if you like the movie.

Star Wars: Path of The Jedi-A saga film experience, including footage from "Star Wars" films

Celebrity Spotlight: You meet Olaf

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular-Cute show, they ask for volunteers so you could be part of the stunt show.

Jedi Training: Trails of the Temple-If you visit Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost early in the day, your children 4-12 may be registered for the show but space is limited so get there early. If you sign up your children, they get to be Jedi Trainers for 20 minutes and then they put their skills to the test as two Sith appear and you battle them.

Star Tours-The Adventures Continue-3-D, motion-simulated space flight, supposedly there are over 60 different simulations. Though I feel there is only 1/2 dozen different scenes and each mix of them is why they say so many. Though every time a movie comes out they seem to add another two or three new choices...this ride is exactly like Disneyland's, except different ques.

 

Hollywood & Vine- This is a dining option for Fantasmic Package which is why we ate here for dinner. If you do breakfast, you can meet Disney Junior characters, and for lunch and dinner Minnie's Seasonal Dining. Its a buffet and the food was very mediocre.  Here are the photos from dinner
This is a PhotoPass photo











Oasis Canteen-If you are on the dining plan, a great used of your snack credit is to get a big funnel cake, topped with ice cream and strawberries. It is large enough to share and we got one on both days we visited.

Backlot Express-Its burgers and nuggets, we got some nuggets here and it was OK. We were just hungry and at the end of our trips and was so disappointed in pizza so we just went to look for something simple

There are other shops and food places here, we bought my dad an Indiana Jones hat because he always wanted one.

Muppets Courtyard

Muppet Vision 3D-Its a cute little show that has some surprises if you never scene it. Disney California Adventure Park has this attraction for awhile but now they have turned it onto other things.

PizzeRizzo-We walked up to this Italian-American pizzeria but when we saw it had unusually pizza and our great disappointment in the pizza place at Animal Kingdom and even Vi Napoli, we turned back and went to Backlot Express. I remember liking this place when it was the Toy Story Pizza Planet but my mother and even son who loves Pizza said no to even trying this place on our last day here

There is also a sit down place Mama Melrose's Ristorante

 Commissary Lane

Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams-You meet Mickey dressed as Sorcerer's Apprentice and Minnie Mouse in her red carpet couture!

Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater Restaurant-I did not eat here yet, but it is on my bucket list. I heard the food was ok, but I like the idea that old Sci-Fi B rate movies play while you eat. Ironic funny thing is, one of the films that plays scared me when I was 5.

ABC Commissary- Quick service burger, ribs chicken, salad. We had lunch here it was ok.

Pixar Place

Toy Story Mania- This ride is like Disneyland's midway-style 4-D Shootin' game staring your favorite Toy Story Characters, and they keep score. I like this game, ironically I did horrible at WDW but do great at Disneyland. I usually am the top person of the hour but never the day. I didn't do half as good at WDW which makes me wonder if the point system is different.

There is a quick service hot dog, popcorn, soft prezel and frozen beverages here. They also have photopass shots.













Animation Courtyard

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream-Little multimedia gallery that outlines Walt's life. At the back you could meet Moana. My son like looking at first but got bored quickly

Voyage of The Little Mermaid-I think the highlights to this show got smaller, when I first saw it years ago, I remember it being longer and liking it a lot more. This time, it seems they did two songs and it was done. I would have liked it to be a bit longer. Its live action, with puppets too.

Star Wars Launch Bay-You can view movie props, play video games and meet some Star Wars heroes and villains. This is also where they set up the Star War Fireworks Desert Party. Be warned the Dessert party is NOT set up as well as the other Dessert Parties there are NOT enough tables, especially for those that have young children or those with Disabilities and they will just shove you to the side and say too bad. (at least that is what they did to us, even though we paid good money for the experience)

Disney Junio-Live on Stage! We didn't go in but from what I have been told and scene it is just like Disneyland's show. If your children love Disney Junior they will like this puppet show.

Sunset Boulevard



 Some fun magic shots you can get on Sunset Boulevard

 

Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage-Like the Little Mermaid show, I remember this one being so much better the first time I saw it. More of a mini show instead of a highlight show it now seems to be. IF you like highlights of the show you will enjoy this live action production.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith- I have to say, I tricked my son into go on this ride. He had this fear of upside down roller coasters that he wouldn't even TRY one. And lucky for me when he youtube the ride, he didn't notice the inversions. The funny thing was several times before we got to this day and ride, while on the bus, in line and I think talking at a restaurant, this ride was brought up and I kind of indicated that my son didn't know it went upside down and to keep it on the down low and all the parents helped me out, they shhh their children before they could reveal the secret. And while in line the first time, we never heard the announcement about it going upside down though the second and forth time thru we did.  With that said my planned worked my son loved the ride and rode it a few times.


 The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror-My son has been on the one at Disneyland and refuses to EVER go on this ride again. With that said I think the one at WDW is better, you take a little ride before the dropping begins. So...I rode this ride alone.


I am in the back with my arms up












Fantasmic!-I love they have seats for this show at WDW, but Disneyland show is just better. There are things about Disneyland's that is more magical. But I love both productions. 



 There were several quick service places to eat around here including an area called Sunset Ranch Market with fresh produce and ice cream. There were also two stores one was called Once Upon a Time. Now there is a show called that as well and I love RumBelle and I have scene people post photos of Mr. Gold's shop from Disney Hollywood Studios so I went on a hunt to find the props and set of his shop and walked thru that store and was so disappointing there was no ONCE stuff in it. I later found out, what I was looking for is now in the construction area of Star Wars land or maybe Toy Story Land. I was sad about that.


Well that is the end of the park map. Here is a picture of the park map I was looking at to write this blog:Image result for Disney Hollywood Studios map

At this time, I will like to offer my services as a travel agent to book your magical vacation. I would like to inform you that when you book with RMH Travel it doesn't cost one cent more than booking direct with Disney, in fact your statement will look the same because you are booking with Disney, but you are allowing RMH Travel to book it on your behalf and in return Disney will give me a small commission that goes toward supporting my family. But if you book direct, Disney just pockets that money, so please when you book your vacations, please consider booking it with me.



I promised to make your vacation even more magical and to take your Disney vacation to a whole new level. As your travel planner, I am here to help you every step of the way with as much or as little help as you wish for.  Whether this is your first time going to a Walt Disney Park or your 100th time, I am here to help make your vacation a magical one.
For you free no obligation quote, please click here to be taken to my website. 
If you would like to join a FACEBOOK planning discussion group, I invite you to join one of the groups I run: 
You can also check out my website: www.RMHTravel.com, 

On my web site you will see that I work with many suppliers not just Disney to book magical vacations to many destinations and I try to make each and every vacation I plan and book a magical one, whether its to one of Disney's many parks, or taking a trip to the Bahamas I am here for you.

Please comment and subscribe to my blog for further updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment